Monday 23 November 2015

Wow the last run hurt !

I am trying to maintain a reasonable level of running until after Christmas so that I can then start on one of the half dozen or so training plans I have been sent. So it is a case of getting out when it isnt throwing it down with rain and doing what I can.

The last 8 miler really hurt though. Why does one run hurt and another run doesnt?

Going back to the experimenting with Energy Gels post i made a few weeks ago, I only took 1 with me yesterday, because my intention was to just run 5 miles and 1 gel would have been fine so maybe I just ran out of energy?! I did feel ok up to around 5.5 having taken the energy gel as i turned round on the 4 mile point. (my runs are always out and back to get the right distance/time).

So i felt good at the 2.5 mile point so thought I would go another mile and a half and make it an 8 miler. I will have to make sure I take at least 2 gels, maybe 3 with me in future and see if the pains in my upper thighs were a lack of energy or my body saying  "you are getting old Richard what the bloody hell are you doing this for?".

Im hoping it was the former obviously !!

Back top the fundraising - Our lovely friend Kate held a coffee morning in Plymouth which we traveled down for and we were all delighted that lots of people turned up and at the last count Kate thinks she has got over £200 for the total! That's awesome and I am so grateful.



I had my tablet playing a really funny video of Noah laughing and pulling funny faces the whole time!!

See all about Noah and follow him at https://twitter.com/HugsForNoah



No comments:

Post a Comment